Here are my rough notes for the sermon of July 31st. I hope these will help you go back throughout the week and garner the specifics God has for your life.
Where is your faith?
This is not a trite nor complete answer to your storms. But it is the first and general step in gaining the right path to abiding in Him for living.
Please note: we can not walk by faith if we are too busy, not giving God the priority of our lives.
Those that walk by faith do not trifle with God.
Describe the situation at sea.
Describe similarities to life.
Show parallel in John 11 with the death of Lazarus “Lord, If you had been here”
Faith is now a running theme in Luke
- Centurion had great faith as Jesus had not seen in Israel.
- John Baptist faith was weak and Jesus said to look to evidence he had given by example.
- Woman weeping at His feet was forgiven.
- In Ch 9, He will send out apostles by faith.
We often amble in life. I do- this is what happens when we are not pursuing God by faith but at a minimum by religion.
Faith requires that we address God as He is.
3 Steps to Faith Building
But notice lately 3 components of the Christian life keep coming up
1. Read the word and look at the world. (Word aspect) See God in all of it.
Your past, in nature, and in hope.
2. Apply the promises of God to your life. (Prayer aspect)
Get specific from the time in the word to apply truths to your needs.
Pray the scripture you have found.
· In God’s holiness
· In God’s provision
· In God’s fighting your battles
· In God’s right judgment upon your enemies.
· In God’s providence.
3. And thank Him for what He has done. (Worship aspect)
- Take notice when promises are fulfilled
- Take notice of battles fought.
- Take notice of bad things working out for good.
- Take notice of the forgiveness of your sins and of ann the second chances the day has provided.