>I am asking you all to begin taking the next fifty days, till Pentecost, to pray about the things listed below. Many of them I have direction on, some are quite vague. As a matter of prayer I ask that you seek God to speak to you clearly and with scripture as reinforcement. Let us see where God is working and wisely choose what He would have us do by faith.
At the end of the fifty days, I will be asking you all for feedback. In the mean time, please feel free to inquire as to anything that may be presently unclear.
- Thursday Prayer- should it continue and in what context
- Wednesday Nights- How can we do effective ministry with limited resources.
- Youth- I believe we need to get our youth to make a habit of prayer in all things.
- Active prayer walking-
- Prayer partners-assigned, I have long seen the benefit of people praying together on a regular basis.
Building and Grounds
- Parking Lot & Covered entry way- needs planning and direction
- General upkeep- There are several things that need care. We are praying that God will call someone to be in charge of these things.
- Roof needs- Our roof is starting to come apart in the high winds. We need God to provide the funds for upkeep and upgrades.
- Remodel foyer- I is time for a few changes here, but what would best honor God?
- Leadership- I believe we are missing out because we do not have a regular leader
- Discipleship- What avenue should we pursue for our summer retreat
- Reaching others- We need to look at reaching out not looking in.
Working with Arms of Love
- Why Marriage Class- I have been asked to lead young couples.
- Pre-Marital counseling- The above would lead to strengthening their families.
- Free Wedding- AOL would be seeking churches would take on those who chose to marry and keep their baby rather than aborting them.
- Paul & Steve heading this up
- Discipleship and Friendship
- TBD- being proactive in ministry and outreach.
- Events designed to reach unchurched
- Hearts at home
- True Woman Conference?
- Prayer Walking
- Training- We need to see how this is properly done, with the full gospel presented and not salesmanship.
- Gift and Go
- Pastor’s Class
- In home bible study
- Ad on Facebook?
Sermon’s on Itunes
- Parent outreach- We are not reaching the parents
- Focus on doctrine- Let us keep training the kids in the basics, preparing the next generation.
- Focus on returning on Sunday- encouragement to come again.
- Summer ministry?
Missiontrip in August- Planning
- Future Missions- What would God have us do in the future?
- Missions education- We are severely lacking here. And this is our point of obedience.
- Annual summit? Should we look to having an annual time of the body seeking God?
- Life Action return? Should they be invited to return, or is their some other avenue?
- Fall/Summer camp out retreat
- Winter classics Classes at a college level on particular disciplines
- Church covenant
- New Deacons?
- Stewardship Campaign? We have several financial needs, how do we address them?
- Doing more, moving ahead by faith?
Planting a Church- My heart is to reach the world that God brings to us in our county.
- International Students
- International Residents
- Adopt Students
- Minister to Students
- International Market in Edwardsville
Praying over the next 50 days, till Pentecost.
Looking for God’s activity, scripture, and co-incidence happenings