And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Help, I want to quit.

What do you do when you need help?
Pride says, "work it our yourself". It also whispers "What will people think of you if you admit you really can't do it all?"

But Christ says "Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden, I will give you rest.

The command in John 15 is to abide in Him, not do it on our own. It glorifies God to seek Him out rather than self help.

I was reminded of these things today. Last night I was up till 3:00am and again up at 5:30, all in order to fix of all things a computer. Now it is befuddling my brain and my time with God. I was more Martha than Mary. Thus I find myself loopy and dizzy. I lack sleep. I am also feeling defeated. These are never good for a pastor. When we are physically weak we are easy to fall to spiritually weak. So in this, God prompted me to seek prayer. I sent out a blurb and God encouraged me through two praying women.

Pastor, minister, deacon, Christian, God gave us the body of believer to work together. It is self, or idolatry to do it all on your own. When you are weak call out for help. I have always been well refreshed by those whom God puts in the church for prayer. If you are struggling in ministry seek out those God abiding persons of prayer. Have them pray.

I hope to return tomorrow with another point to post on perseverance.

No comments: