And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rambling Toward Joy


How can a guy write a blog called Persevering Pastor and never have difficulty? The last several days have been those that should qualify me to write such things. I will admit there have been moments of bumps and potholes in the road, and well, even a bridge out or two. What keeps me going is the call of Christ. Concentration for me lately has been as reliable as car I once knew.

But onward and upward. What really keeps us persevering is hope in Christ. Not wishing, not traditionalizing, not even embarrassment of failure, but hope in the promises of God to be true is what will sustain us.

There we find Truth that sets us free and we can go on. E-mail me for encouragement! (your and mine)

No comments: