And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sorry I haven't been blogging..

The days are too crazy. But then again, if God, or should I say because God won't give us any more than we can handle does the craziness reveal a lack of abiding? Maybe so, but it could be that this craziness comes as we are too busy for what is most important. I believe much of our trouble is a failure to keep the Sabbath and perspective of abiding in Him.

But other forms of craziness do come. For example, my wife had shoulder surgery last week as a result of a fall in July. Now life takes a turn, a turn God saw all along. Though it turns my schedule and plans around I find that I need to stop and see what His plans and provisions are. Its a test of perseverance. I have fond direction in John Piper's Don't Waste Your Cancer article(see the articles I found interesting section). It may not be craziness, but an opportunity to see God at work and glorify Him. Keep first things first and abide in Christ.

Crazy is only a matter of perception.

On that note, please pray for my wife

No comments: