And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Priorities in 09

SO far it is the 14th day of 2009. I have been busy relaxing. That is right, relaxing to the Glory of God. As part of seeking God I have found that to persevere I need to have adequate rest. The way I have afforded such a luxury into my schedule is as follows...

First I assessed what is of value according to God.

Second I realize out of 1 Corinthians 10:13 that God gives us nothing we can't handle without Him, and He has a light yoke. So If I have the too busy syndrome, I must be adding to my schedule what should not be there.

Thus
, I have changed my schedule to be priority prioritized rather than goal driven. Some things will just have to wait till I have had time with God. Some days I find I need time with God in the morning, again after running around, and before bed.

Then again, some things are just going to have to be let go altogether. The world has so many distractions that I can't do it all. My time is going to be spent laying up treasures in Heaven and abstaining from futile endeavors. Mind you I will still pause for a good movie with the family, and may play one or two rounds of golf. But the striving to make my house magazine perfect on a dinner napkin budget will just have to go. All in all I am finding the balance of work and relaxation, with ample time for others, all this makes me readily more able to persevere.

Simply put. I am finding much more time for all that is required of me, and the joy that goes with it, when I simply take each day to the presence and glory of God.

No comments: