And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)
Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Why do I blog, and why do we want people to read our blogs....
Alas, I can not speak for others, but I have compiled ten reasons why I think I blog. I say think because the time I have spent thinking this through has led me to deeper thinking about blogging and my self and ministry. So, hopefully this will encourage you to blog too.
10. It helps to bring together rambling thoughts that have occurred through the week
9. Helpfulness, just wanting to have a place of help I can refer people to after we have had a conversation on a matter.
8. It forces the mind to think, to organize, and expound.
7. A means of displaying pictures.
6. It is my one stop check for other blogs that I read, Blubrs listed on the right.
5. By blogging I can become a better communicator.
4. Pride, I admit there is vanity in it.
2. Writing is exercise for the soul, it is a walk through the lands of the heart.
1. Soli Deo Gloria.