And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Pastor

I will admit, it is not easy to persevere. There are days I just do not want to be the pastor. But it is a great privilege to be such, and I do not regret it. As it is now spring, there are several things that need to be done. If you are like me there seems to be an endless list of things that need to be done that default to you. This week has seen a number of unfinished distractions come up. I have no time to give attention to the needs of a building, but it must get done.

One item was the three leaky toilets that needed to be fixed. So Sunday night God sent a man who had heard bout the need and volunteered to fix them tonight, if I could just find him some flappers. Whoo Hoo. It is as good as done.

Next came the problem with playground safety. Three of our features were hazardous, if not downright a death trap. I appealed to several to help, bought supplies, and made plans that would take me about three hours to do. However, I went out today to put up the caution tape and close off the area, and lo, they had all been fixed! Praise God for this secret saint!

Let us add to our list those "little things" that mean so much to praise God for, and may we not forget!

No comments: