And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bible Time

From Joel Beeke
"The Psalms show how varied the experience of Knowing God and walking with Him is". "Some people may expect the Christian life to be continuous joy and victory. Triumph is reflected in some of the Psalms, but nearly half of them describe the pain, sorrow, frustration, and loneliness of Christian experience. We should look at all the Psalms for a better understanding of what we will encounter in our walk with God."
And Luther noted: "If you can't find your life in the Psalms, you have never become a child of God."

From My Bible Time:
Today I was reading in Psalm 103. It captivated me as to how good God is to us who were His enemies. I could not help but pray line by line. As I did God opened my eyes (As has been my prayer lately) to depths and applications. Truly truly no good thing comes unless it comes as a gift from God. It was a worshpful experience. Then as I further asked God to open my eyes for spiritual sight I found the paragraph quoted above in Joel Beeke's book Overcoming the World, Grace to Win the Daily Battle.
Let me challenge you to pray through a Psalm every day.

No comments: