And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Random Thoughts on Prayer

Here are a few random thoughts I have been utilizing while praying these last few days.

* Prayers most effective work is to change me before any situation changes. It is a heart matter.
* Do not pray and walk away. Pray and watch for an answer.
* Prayer is like breath for the Christian. Pray without ceasing.
* Prayer must be in faith. Otherwise it is religion, but in faith it is worship.
* Identify with those whom you pray for. Seek their best. When good news comes you can truly rejoice, when strife hits, you can weep with them.
* Life without prayer is the clearest indication of working in one's own strength.
* If I make a list for prayer I am less likely to forget and more likely to tarry onward.
* Prayer is Hope exercised.
* Continual prayer opens our eyes to the things of God.
* Prayer renews the mind.
* Prayer displaces fear.
* By praying in faith, it rightly puts the resulting glory upon God rather than on me.
* Praying through the Lord's prayer will unite us in His Spirit.
* Distractions will come while praying. Sleep with taunt you. But overcome these and power falls upon your heart.
* I have to "pray" for at least fifteen minutes before I am really praying.
* Trials will build the praying man's confidence. It is here he sees his need for God's wisdom, and God then graciously gives.
* Prayer partners are the truest of friends.
* Praying with your wife removes the strife.
* Praying with your kids keeps their hearts at home.
* By praying through the church directory your worship on Sunday becomes all the more moving.
* Prayer is not easy, otherwise it is not prayer.
* Idolatry is evident in one's prayer life.
* If I don't have my time of prayer, something else must be more important than God?
* Prayer can be done anywhere.
* To know someone is praying for you is to have hope.
* Prayer is an adventure, especially when you take real concern and not trite acquiescence. Prayer will vividly open your eyes to Majesty.
* How much more would my life had been if I prayed more?
* I miss my praying Grandma. Whom will intercede?
* The older I become the better I should be in prayer.
* Children can form the most astounding prayers. I have much to learn from them.
* God is not impressed by eloquent words. Neither does He hear bragging.
* Sometimes repentance is the only prayer I can utter.
* I often do not want to pray. Lord change my heart.
* Writing out your prayers in a journal is a benchmark for reference in life.
* We can read, talk, and write about prayer. But only prayer is prayer.

No comments: