Self control is both a biblical mandate and a pathway to freedom. Just look at the following verses.
Pro 25:28 A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
1Co 9:25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable.
Gal 5:22-25 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.
- Have a regular disciplined early morning Bible study that is completed before any other task.
- Limit your daily internet use.
- Eat smaller portions.
- Exercise regularly, aiming for consistency.
- Refrain from talking excessively or from dominating conversations; listen.
- Diligently work with excellence.
- Manage your time in such a way that you have time to give in the helping of others.
- Spend less than you earn.
- Refrain from critical speech or the use of harsh words.
- Memorize scripture.