And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Thursday, May 22, 2008

For Days ....

For Days….
For days the tyranny of the urgent has been knocking at my door. Even this morning at the dawning hours someone came to the church with “business”. And that is how it always will be. There shall constantly and consistently be “beggars for bread” and I have little to feed with at this point.

My greatest need in this hour is to be fed myself. For days it seems I have not dined on the word, only snacked. One night it is only 3 hours of sleep, then one day its meetings. I often arise and set about to nourish my spirit in the Word but even I am a distraction to myself.

The solution is Christ. It is begging Him to do what I can not. It is also a denial of self (indulgence) to develop a habit and character of constantly choosing Him above all else. Some days are obviously harder than others.

So here I write, when maybe I should be reading. But I write from a heart that is being filled with the glory of God. So I am being fed. Coming to mind are His words that I have memorized. The eyes given to me are beholding a beautiful vision of the present sunrise that turns the stormy sky a cobalt blue and the cornfields aglow. Even the scent of the air gives expression of God’s glory.

Though no one may ever read this blog entry, as a tree falls in the forest with no one around may God be pleased with this sound that is for Him alone.

No comments: