And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Ten Best Books I read in 2011


The Ten Best Books I read in 2011

(In no particular order)

Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands, Paul Tripp

20,000 Legues Under the Sea, Jules Verne

Warnings to the Churches, J C Ryle

Worship Matters, Bob Kauflin

Holiness, J C Ryle

Just the Way I Am, Krista Horing

The Complete Calvin and Hobbes, Bill Waterson

The Power of Words and the Wonder of God, John Piper and Justin Taylor

Lectures to my Students, C H Spurgeon

Practical Religion, J C Ryle

No comments: