And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. (Rom 5:3-6)

Let not those who hope in you be put to shame through me, O Lord GOD of hosts; let not those who seek you be brought to dishonor through me, O God of Israel. (Psalm 69:6)



Friday, June 19, 2009

Music Part 3


As the third part of my installment on music that inspires us to persevere I wanted to spotlight Sovereign Grace Music. They can be found on Facebook as a group page at http://www.sovereigngracemusic.org/

Last December I discovered them through C J Mahaney's web log. I have found that these musicians are biblically sound and challenging. The music itself is quite separate from the world, even though it may be meditational, rock sounding, or other categories. All that I have listened to has captivated my mind to the things of God.

Personally, I love their Come O Weary Saints CD. It may be my favorite, but also the Psalms CD brings your wandering thoughts to plateaus of peace. If I were to recommend a third disk, one you can actually read the bible with and have undistracting background fill, is the CD THe Valley of Vision.

Sovereign Grace is reasonably priced, ($6 to $12 range) and you will find the quality and depth greater then most other resources. I love that their Facebook group will often offer free MP3 downloads. I just ripped 7 songs this week. When you visit the store you will find you can listen to a sample of the songs, and often frin further free MP3s. Included in their website are PDF downloads for guitar chords, lead sheets, piano arrangements and lyrics. All you need for Sunday praise band.

I hope you will take advantage of this great music. It has quickly become the soundtrack for all I do.

No comments: